A website transfer is the process of moving the files of a website from one web hosting company to another. The move requires the migration of all integral website files to the new host. There are various reasons why you decide to transfer your website to new hosting, new server or may be new domain. Webmaster might want to change hosts, including dissatisfaction with disk space and bandwidth allotments, website administration features and website downtime.
Reasons for Website Migration:
- You have expanded your website and need more web space;
- You need more features (i.e. a database, shopping cart or multimedia file hosting);
- You found a better deal on web site hosting;
- Or a relative/friend/colleague has server space and has offered to host your website for little or nothing.
Regardless of the reasons, you need to put much more efforts on the transferring process.
Website transfer consists of the following steps:
- moving the website’s files.
- Moving the website’s database(s) (if it uses any).
- Reconfiguring your application(s) to work at the new location.
- Pointing your domain’s DNS to the new host.
- You provide us with access to your current site, we will take a full backup of your entire site including any databases it may have.
- We will then create an exact copy of your site on our servers.
- Once we have checked everything is ok we will assist you in re-pointing your domain from your current hosting to our servers.
- Finally we will tell you when it is safe to cancel your current hosting account.
Our Site Transfer Services include:
- Website file transfer
- Website content transfer
- Backup of database
- Database transfer
- Images /Media file transfer
- Complete configuration and implementation of your site on new server/host/domain
If you are a transfer client, you can take advantage of our Website Transfer Promotion – request your site transfer within 30 days after signup and our customer service team will do the transfer for you for free.