For some reason, you aren’t happy anymore with your current Website hosting provider. Possible reasons might be there is too much downtime, their servers are overloaded and too slow, or maybe you found a better deal with more features elsewhere.
Moving a website to new web server can be a frustrating and stressful experience. This migration process is painful for bigger and more active websites. We should minimize the impact of a transfer, you don’t want your website visitors to get a ‘web page not found’ error for a couple of days while you move, testing your website visitors’ patience is definitely playing a risky game. Our Migration expert will help you to transfer/move your site to new web host. Our Migration Engineers have the know-how to get the job done efficiently and securely.
In this scenario, to ensure smooth migration of an active web site from one server to another follow the steps given in this tutorial:
- The First step is to find new Web hosting provider before you even think of canceling the old one. Once you have made your choice, contact them and have an account opened with them.
- Take backup of your website files by downloading it from existing web server. For this you need to have FTP user id and password. If you don’t have the FTP details then ask your existing hosting provider for the same.
- Also, take a backup of database if you have a MySQL. Most of the hosting control panels provide some option to do this. Ask your service provider for control panel details.
- Once you have backup of the current website with yoy, note down all the e-mail ids currently running on existing web server along with space allocated to same.
- Once you have located a web host that you are going to use, you can upload all the files to the new server. Also create all e-mail ids on new web server.
- Don’t forget to upload / restore the database, if any. If your database accepts inputs from your site visitors (e.g. Resumes on a jobs site or orders on a shopping site), you may like to close the process temporarily. However, if this is not feasible then let it be working.
- The final step is to go to the domain registrar where you originally registered your domain name and change the DNS information to point to your new server. If you don’t have this information, you can contact the support department of your new web host and they will be able to tell you what to enter.
- Once you are sure from all angles that your website is running from new server and there is no apparent problem visible, you can delete e-mail ids, database and site contents from old server in order to make sure that there is no misuse of your data at old server.
if you do no have any experience or Just have no time to do these transfer’s. Move your web site to Movemysite and we will take care of moving your entire web site content, seamlessly and without any downtime! We can help you get this task done properly, trouble free and fast!. Go ahead with our migration services, we will provide migration services smoothly, with no data loss.